Our Directors and Leadership
Board of Directors
The current Board of Directors is:
- President: Kevin Holdmann
- Secretary: Jake Ellenberger
- Treasurer: Sonnie Glusman
To contact the board, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rockford MakerSpace also has an Advisory Board of community leaders and experienced makers to keep us tied to our mission and the larger community - Rockford, statewide, and nationally.
Overseeing day-to-day operational and membership issues is the Operations Committee, consisting of Area Captains and possibly other advisors.
To contact the Operations Committee members, email email@example.com.
Rockford MakerSpace has 'Area Captains' who oversee the activities in each of our many areas. The emails listed will go to all the captains of an area.
- Garden: Sonnie Glusman, Ozzy Smith - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Conference room/break room/lounge/storage room/whatever: Sonnie Glusman
- Crafts: Sonnie Glusman - email@example.com
- 3D Printing: Jake Ellenberger, Bob Wise - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Silkscreening: Bob Wise, Rob Wise - email@example.com
- Electronics Lab/Classroom: Eric Williams, Brian Latham - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Metalworking: Kevin Holdmann, Jake Ellenberger - email@example.com
- Laser Engraver/Cutter and Vinyl Cutter: Bob Wise, Rob Wise - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wood Shop: Rob Wise, Michael Miller - email@example.com
- IT Systems:
- servers, networking equipment and infrastructure: Brian Latham
- PCs, access control and security systems, member database: Rob Wise
- Events/classes: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Automation System: Rob Wise, Bob Wise
- Building Infrastructure (electrical, plumbing, etc): Kevin Holdmann
Area Captains are responsible for:
- Physical organization of the area
- Maintaining wiki for equipment and general area rules
- Checking in/out loaned tools/equipment
- Organizing training and workshops as needed
- Encouraging that safe practices are followed (via training, wiki, signage)
- Ensuring basic supplies are on hand
- Maintaining an equipment “wish list”
- Being available for open houses and other events when possible.
Area Captains do not necessarily need to do these things themselves, however they are responsible for ensuring these things are done.
If you are interested in being an Area Captain (or if you just want to help one out), please e-mail email@example.com
Rockford MakerSpace meetups are regularly scheduled meetings that provide learning and collaboration opportunities for individuals with like interests.
Additional information on these groups is on our website.
Meetup Coordinators organize the Rockford MakerSpace meetup groups. The coordinator is not necessarily the one that presents a topic at a meetup, but is responsible for ensuring that the meeting is relevant and worthwhile for the participants. Meetups can be coordinated by an individual or co-coordinators.
Meetup Coordinators are responsible for:
- Establishing a regular meeting date, time, and location
- Developing a schedule of presenters and/or topics (ideally several months out)
- Posting to Meetup.com
- Coordinating space and equipment needs
- “Opening the door” and ensuring participants feel welcome (If unable to attend, the coordinator is still responsible for organizing a replacement.)
- Creating event publicity (for dissemination by Rockford MakerSpace Social Media Coordinator)
- Posting photos and publicity of past events via website, Facebook, etc.
- Responding to questions related to the Meetup
If you are interested in being a Meetup Coordinator for one of our current groups (or if you want to start a new meetup), please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org